All 6th grade students visit the
Library with their Language Arts teacher for an orientation lesson.
1. YOUR school library is a place for research, study and the enjoyment of reading.
2. HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Students must talk in quiet voices which will permit everyone use the Library undisturbed.
- No eating in the Library.
- Bring your own pen/pencil to check out books.
3. ID cards will be issued every year with a H0#. Sixth graders and new students use the program/schedule paper or binder reminder until the ID card is issued. If the I.D. card is lost, a student must use a binder reminder, or public library card, schedule paper or any ID with the student’s name until the student gets a replacement card. Replacement cards can be made in the Library. The cost is $1.00.
4. Books and magazines may be
borrowed from the Library. Students are responsible for all
the materials checked
out in their own name.
- For books, bring them to the management computer at the CIRCULATION DESK.
- For magazines, get a magazine card from the CIRCULATION DESK. At a table, fill out the card with the title of the magazine, date of magazine, your name and homeroom. To complete the process, take the magazine with the card to the CIRCULATION DESK. A date due slip will be put inside the magazine if there isn’t one.
- ID must be shown to check out materials. The date the book/magazine is to be returned will be stamped on the date due slip.
- Students are expected to pay for lost materials.
- CHECK OUT LIMIT: 4 items per student. Since students are here everyday, it is easy to return materials.
6. SECURITY SYSTEM
7. When you leave the Library, PLEASE leave it ready for the next group: tables clean, chairs push in, papers picked up.
- The Library has a security system that requires students to enter through one door and leave through a security structure and the exit door.
- Remember to check out your books and materials before leaving the Library to prevent setting off the alarm. Materials from the Public Library and rented video tapes need to be given to one of the Library staff so they pass it to students after exiting the turnstile.
8. Library materials may be returned at any time before the date due or on the date due. Put BOOKS in the slot in the CIRCULATION DESK marked BOOK DROP. MAGAZINES are to be placed in the BOX ON THE TOP of the CIRCULATION DESK. When the Library is closed, Library materials may be returned to Ms. Lai’s mailbox in the MAIN OFFICE. The office is ALWAYS open.
9. Treat materials carefully.
Return items on time.
6TH GRADE LIBRARY
ORIENTATION SCHEDULE -- AUGUST